About Diabetic Shoes
Diabetic shoes come in full and half sizes with multiple widths to accommodate diabetic feet.
They are designed to help prevent diabetic foot complications such as ulcers or calluses. They can accommodate foot deformities and help protect the feet of diabetics with poor circulation and neuropathy.
Diabetics shoes have manufacturer inserts/fillers inside the shoes. When removed, the shoes can accommodate our prefabricated or custom molded diabetic inserts.
They are manufactured from leather or similar, high quality materials. They have non-binding uppers, deep toe boxes, soft interiors and stabilizers for motion control. They are often lightweight, stretchable and provide extra cushioning support.
Dia-Foot offers the most extensive selection of diabetic shoe brands and styles in the industry with over 650 styles to choose from. Somers Foot & Ankle can assist you in selecting shoes that will be best suited for your feet.
Do I Qualify
If you have been diagnosed with Diabetes, you may qualify to receive a pair of diabetic shoes and three pairs of diabetic inserts each calendar year from Medicare or your Medicare Replacement Plan. Wearing properly fitted shoes is one of the most important things you can do for your diabetic feet!
To qualify, you must have a diabetic foot exam. Your podiatrist can perform the required foot exam to see if you are qualified. Many podiatrists dispense diabetic shoes and inserts to their patients right in their offices.
The physician (must be an MD or DO) who is managing your diabetes must document the need for your diabetic shoes, such as signing a Statement of Certifying Physician Form for your podiatrist. Make sure you have a recent exam with the physician treating your diabetes!
Getting diabetic shoes and inserts can take up to eight weeks and depends on how quickly the required documentation can be obtained.
If you need diabetic shoes and inserts, contact us today to schedule your fitting
For qualified patients, Medicare allows one pair of diabetic shoes and three pairs of diabetics inserts each calendar year.
Your podiatrist can perform a required foot exam to see if you are qualified. Many podiatrists dispense diabetic shoes and inserts to their patients right in their offices.
The physician (MD or DO) who is managing your diabetes must also document and sign off on the need for your diabetic shoes, so make sure you have a recent exam with the physician (MD or DO) treating your diabetes!
Your podiatrist (or other provider) may prescribe either prefabricated or custom diabetic inserts to wear inside your diabetic shoes. Custom diabetic inserts are carefully manufactured in our Dia-Foot lab after we receive a foam impression or a digital scan of your feet from your provider.
Medicare pays 80% of the allowable amount and the remaining 20% can be billed to your secondary insurance.
If you are a Medicare patient in need of diabetic shoes and inserts and are looking for podiatrist near you who dispenses diabetic shoes to qualified Medicare patients, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dia-Foot is a national vendor for diabetic shoe for Humana and we are vendors for many other insurance companies and managed care organizations in many states including Chen Medical, JenCare, Dedicated Senior Centers, JSA, MCCI and Healthcare Partners Nevada.
Our goal is to provide quality diabetic shoes and inserts to managed care patients who need them, to help prevent diabetic foot complications and optimize patient outcome.
If you are a managed care patient and have been referred to Dia-Foot to receive diabetic shoes and inserts, please email email@example.com for assistance!
Somers Foot & Ankle
Dr. Jennifer Somers