MLS Laser Therapy
What Is Laser Therapy?
Laser therapy uses light to favor and accelerate the body’s natural healing processes. The laser beam is moved over the skin so that the light energy (photons) penetrates the tissue where it interacts with various molecules (chromophores) that cause different biological effects. It produces a photochemical, photothermal and photomechanical effect.
There are many types of lasers. Each laser has different characteristics which produce a different effect. These characteristics include:
- Energy: measured in joules
- Time: Defined as the duration of irradiance of target tissue and is measured in seconds. It is also known as Impulse Duration or called “impulse width”.
- Wavelength: Penetration depth is directed by the laser emission wavelength and the type of tissue (chromophores).
- Frequency: Defined as the number of impulses emitted during the unit of time (1 second) and should reflect the condition treated.
- Power: the rate at which energy is delivered and is measured in watts.
- Fluence: Energy Density or Dose
- Irradiance (Also known as Power Density): Power delivered per unit area
- Emission Mode: Continuous Wave (CW) or Pulsed Wave (PW)
- Impulse Duration: Duration of laser emission, also called “impulse width”.
What are the Benefits?
No pain. All gain.
In the current economic climate, physicians are facing significant pressure to find new revenue streams. Reimbursements from insurers – the primary source of income for many practices – are declining sharply as a result of political reforms. At the same time, market forces such as increased competition and patient consumerism are adding to the pressure. In this environment, practice owners have limited options for strengthening their financial position. MLS Laser Therapy can help.
MLS Laser Therapy allows physicians to leverage technology to provide higher quality patient care, while attracting new clients, generating additional revenue, and ultimately improving businesses’ bottom line.
MLS Laser Therapy is quickly becoming the standard of care in alleviating both acute and chronic pain. This patented, FDA-cleared technology has an 85% – 90% efficacy rate in relieving pain and inflammation, eliminates risk from surgery and prescription pain killers, has no negative side effects, and restores patients’ lives.
Somers Foot & Ankle
Dr. Jennifer Somers